Trading Finance Manager
|Salary:||Competitive salary plus generous benefits|
|Location:||Notting Hill Village, London (W11)|
|Hours / Duration:||37.5|
Looking to join a global retailer who values people? Then look no further.
We have strong brands, with over 1,000 stores, across around 60 countries, and numerous business models. With a strong plan to grow the business.
We are committed to developing our people; last year we made numerous promotions across the business and raised over £500K through our Monsoon Charity Trust fund raise. We have many talented people in the business along with a loyal customer base who knows our heritage. We put people first and pride ourselves in attracting, developing, retaining and inspiring our talent.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to partner with our Brand, Product and Commercial teams and act as a key driver of the commercial decision making process from a strategic, operational and tactical perspective.
This role requires someone with the ability to influence stakeholders at a senior level, supporting and challenging where necessary on sales, margin and stock decisions from a commercial perspective. With the drive and determination to design and deliver a business partnering proposition, where analysis drives decisions and action. Whilst shaping effective planning processes, especially an effective buy budget process, ensuring that the stock buy is appropriate for the business.
What will you do as a Trading Finance Manager?
- Leadership of one direct report (Trading Finance Manager) and across stakeholder group
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business.
- Own and drive Brand/ Product/ Commercial relationships
- Deliver high quality, action focused analysis
- Providing support, challenge, drive for all decision making forums: strategic, operational, tactical
- Be key influencer on trading decisions and stock purchase near and medium/long term.
Planning/ Budget/ Forecast/ Period End
- Shape, own and deliver a robust Buy budget process with clear alignment
- Periodic variance analysis, and forward forecasting, for sales, margin and stock. Including FX impacts. Both a Seasonal and financial view.
- Clear sales, margin and stock budgeting/ forecasting that are aligned to other areas (e.g. retail/ web)
- Drive aligned and joined up processes, enabled by systems across financial and commercial planning processes
- Key driver of target guiderails
- Be a key part of Strategic planning process
- Provide Support and challenge Brand Directors
- Provide analysis and clarity on key risks and opportunities
Systems, Process and Ad hoc
- Deliver consistent system use and plan. Drive right tool, right job mentality
- Improve current modelling/ planning system use. With more aligned inputs
- Improve current process, with clear accountability across the business
- Ad hoc requests when required from senior stakeholders, e.g. stock clearance
What you will need to succeed as a Trading Finance Manager?
- Commercial Finance experience
- Highly analytical, and comfortable with large data sets
- Track record of drive and delivery
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing, and communication skills
- Experience of owning and driving planning processes and systems
- Comfortable with interchanging between big picture thinking and attention to detail
- Experience in Retail / Fashion environment is desirable
What are we like to work for?
If you're ambitious, Monsoon Accessorize is a great place to be. We're still growing which means there are more opportunities than ever before. We're also committed to developing our talent. Last year we made numerous promotions across the company. This year promises to be no exception. You will enjoy a fantastic benefits package which includes an amazing discount across our brands, up to 25 days holiday, performance related discretionary bonus, pension, life assurance and an interest free season ticket card loan. We also provide a great range of Voluntary benefits with external companies that you can take advantage of such as discounts on gym memberships and theatre shows, tailor made dentist plans and the opportunity to ride a tax free bike to work to name a few!
If you feel you have the potential to become a Trading Finance Manager, please apply now.